Saturday, March 11, 2006

Science is good

I am inspired by the folks at cockeyed.com. If you have not yet seen these cool kids from sac please look at their website. They should all be my friends. I do not know if it is a "Sacramento" thing, but they are so funny.

In my lame attempt to be science-ey and be accepted by a bunch of folks I do not know. I have decided to rip off their "how much is inside idea." As much as I would enjoy the "how many vomits are inside a case of jagermeister when split between me and five of my friends?"


But I will answer the age old question "How many molecules of sugar are in a 1 liter bottle of coca cola?" Because there are so many times that I have sat around asking myself about my sugar intake when pounding a mexican coke from the Zona.



So here are the goods:


In every Liter of Coke there are 124 grams of sugar. We all know(from high school chemistry) that there are 6.02 x 10^23 molecules in a mol of any substace. The molecular weight of sugar is 342.3 grams. That means that in every singe liter of coke ther are about 20,600,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 molecules of sugar.

Yeah I think I need to count the average seeds in a pickle or something. Maybe if I came up with the seeds to length ratio... Am I too science? Love me? Please...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home