Monday, December 19, 2005

Beware the Chimichanga Plate

So after a great holiday work party with a kick ass dance and a whole lot of fun I didn't really feel like cooking. I decided to go to Zona Rosa and get some dinner for the wife and me. She got the standby burrito but I felt like getting a little bit crazy and I had the chimichanga plate.

This would be my downfall.

The golden fried burritos had always beckoned to me but I had always resisted. These tasty looking morsels sit out next to the other food. I am told by a co-worker that is a food safety person that anything from 40-140 degrees is the "danger zone." These things look like they sit in the "danger zone" for about 10 hours a day.

So some dinosaurs called my telephone at about 1:30 am the next morning. I had to take the call from about 1:30 to 8:30. It was like a scene out of a Jim Carrey movie. I was alternating puking and diarrhea for 7 hours before my body was just so tired that I collapsed for about 24 hours in hot sweats and cold pains. It is really hard to puke on top of diarrhea, the smell of the two together with my head buried in the toilet. UGH!

There was also a time when I was hallucinating... from bad fried burrito.

On the plus side I lost about 10 pounds.

1 Comments:

Blogger ::skh:: said...

It's much funnier in the retelling, huh?

No more chimichangas para tu.

9:13 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home