Thursday, January 05, 2006

Favorite Songs 2005


I am not such a scenester that I have the requirement that the song was released in 2005. It doesn't even have to be new to me in 2005. The only requirement to qualify for this list is that I had to have liked the song in 2005; a lot. So here they are in no order whatsoever.

1) Fall Out Boy- Everything off "From Under the Cork Tree"
2) Neutral Milk Hotel "Naomi"
3) Cat Power's cover of "Sea of Love"
4) Pinback - Cover to Cover "Summer in Abaddon"
5) Modest Mouse "Blame it on the Tetons" -Bringing it HARD OLD SKOOOL Modest Mouse Style!
6) Gwen Stefani - That damn bananas song. -I don't care what you say
7) Interpol- "Evil"
8) Bright Eyes- all of "I'm Wide awake It's Morning"
9) Alan Jackson- "Remember When"
10) Ice Cube- "It Was a Good Day"
11) Promise Ring- "Just Getting Good"
12) Postal Service - "Such Great Heights"
13) Rocket From The Crypt- "Let's Get Busy" and "Dick on a Dog"
14) Two Gallants - All of "The Throes"

So I guess that is my top 14 list which is actually a "more than 14 list" since there are a few albums on here with more than one song.

What are your faves in '05?

4 Comments:

Blogger ::skh:: said...

Weeelll...there are a lot. But if it doesn't have to be released in 2005... here goes:

Eminem: Loose Yourself (good for pumping me up for exams)

Uh, is it called This is How We Do It? Or Escalade? Whatever, you know what I'm talking about. Big Tymers. What What.

The whole Broken Social Scene Album is WONDERFUL. I heart it bigtime.

Where Soul Meets Body - Death Cab

Summer in Abbadon too.

And, I studied consistently to Sea and the Cake and Damien Rice.

4:21 PM PST  
Blogger Jenn said...

i think most of the songs you mentioned have been in one or more of my blog posts (except the bananas song and alan jackson...sorry...lol)...fun list.

love the old skool MM and Postal Service stuff, but my fav MM is The Moon & Antartica...broken social scene does indeed rule hard. and pinback also has some old skool stuff that's amazing.

8:29 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i know its the beginning of February and a little late to be talking about 2005 favorites, but here goes. Its also good that it doesnt have to be released in 2005, because 2005 wasnt a great new music year for me personally:

1) Clutch - the whole new album Robot Hive. It rules.
2) NIN - Getting Smaller
3) Rage - Calm Like a Bomb (live)
4) Type-O Negative - Black No. 1
5) Beck - Guero
6) Clutch - The House that Peterbuilt
7) Reville - Judas
8) Circle Jerks - Wonderful (the whole album. Recently rediscovered in my CD collection. Very enjoyable)
9) Jerk - My Friends All Lie
10) Slipknot - Subliminal Verses

there is plenty more I could put up there, but those made the short list.

-Chavez

8:33 AM PST  
Blogger Sethonious said...

That beck album is genius!

9:26 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home